I have painted a room and kept outdoor door open with fans for 5 days and to no success. What do I do?

It is chemical smelling. I am even afraid of it. I am an artist and it is more worrying than my oil paints.

Can I paint over it to get rid of the odor? Do I get a different brand of paint? Help!!!!!

Do I have to tear down the walls? Pleas tell me how I will even get an answer to this problem. I am expecting Christmas company in this room.

This reviewer shared experience about "smell" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Valspar. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Valspar.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Building Products category for more informed decision or compare Valspar to other companies on our site.

Comments

I have had the same problem since May 5. The paint is bad.

More than likely reformulated incorrectly. DO NOT give the Valspar people all your paint to "test"!!!! They will take it and not get back to you. I have to tear out all my drywall.

Tried to paint over it after 5 months with paint first and then Kilz. Does not work.

Paint will continue to off gas thru the other paint!! I may put together a class action lawsuit as Valspar is not a good company

to Anonymous Bothell, Washington, United States #1188160

Four weeks ago my house was painted with Valspar reserve. It still reeks of paint fumes.

A house inspector is here now and asked if we painted today. I am sick about this.

I had buyers for my house who have two young kids. Now what can I do?