Painted a room in my house with Premium Valspar interior paint on 10/27/11. It is mid January 2012 and the room still fills with horrible smelling fumes if I close the window and turn the fan off.

This paint sucks and the company nor Lowe's has no interest in remedying this problem. The room is totally unusable and will small children in the house I fear for their health. This is totally unacceptable. I am left to collect my chemcial analysis and get a lawyer.

DON'T BUT VALSPAR PRODUCTS. They are hazardous and made from an unethical company.

Review about: Valspar Paint.

Comments

:cry

The outgassing of this paint continues 2 months after painting my child's room. If the door is closed for even a few hours, the odor just hits you in the face. I can't imagine sleeping in this room, and it remains unusable.

I've used other paints throughout the years and never encountered such a problem. My first use of Valspar paints and probably my last....

I completely agree. I just painted my son's room and 3 months later it still smells when the door and windows are shut for any amount of time.

After repeated emails to Valspar and no response, my last email to them was that since we are military and move/paint every 2 years I'll be referring everyone we come in contact with (military and civilian)away from Valspar.

They are a joke. I just wish I saw these emails before I painted my child's room.

I am sorry to hear about your experience with our product. Under normal conditions the paint odor should not linger for so long. If you can contact me directly I would be happy to work with you to get this issue resolved.

Thom Dunne