Update by user Jan 14, 2015

The President of Valspar is Gary E.Hendrickson.

He is on LinkdIn.

He made $5.3M in 2013.Meanwhile, the product I bought from the company he runs is failing.

Original review posted by user Jan 14, 2015

I had the window frames wrapped on my home (which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places).After about one (1) year.

the Valspar coating bubbled. Valspar came out, looked at it, then promptly blamed variously hail, water and me (said I put chemicals on it). The hail was from a different batch. Water doesn't explain the vertical peeling on some windows, and I NEVER even washed it, let alone used a chemical on it.

They obviously had a bad batch (the older product is chalky, but not peeling), and they refused to own up to it. I own several houses, and I will never but another Valspar product as long as I live. Someone put me onto Benjamin Moore paints.

No more Valspar for me.Check out the picture below of a sill that was under a porch roof.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $2500. pdlandis is overall dissatisfied with Valspar and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about windows coating at Valspar was poor quality and lack of customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Valspar.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Building Products category for more informed decision or compare Valspar to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Valspar?

Comments

York, Pennsylvania, United States #945277

It is obvious to me that Valspar is more interested in covering up for a defective product than correcting the problem. I sincerely hope this becomes a class-action lawsuit, because I will be first in line to sign on. This issue is a typical of the 'stall it out' tactic taken by large companies that do not want to pay for warranty claims.