The Valspar coating on my aluminum wrap bubbled. Valspar denies the problem and does not back up their products.

Update added by user Jan 14, 2015

The President of Valspar is Gary E.Hendrickson.

He is on LinkdIn.

He made $5.3M in 2013.Meanwhile, the product I bought from the company he runs is failing.

Original review posted by user Jan 14, 2015

I had the window frames wrapped on my home (which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places).After about one (1) year.

the Valspar coating bubbled. Valspar came out, looked at it, then promptly blamed variously hail, water and me (said I put chemicals on it). The hail was from a different batch. Water doesn't explain the vertical peeling on some windows, and I NEVER even washed it, let alone used a chemical on it.

They obviously had a bad batch (the older product is chalky, but not peeling), and they refused to own up to it. I own several houses, and I will never but another Valspar product as long as I live. Someone put me onto Benjamin Moore paints.

No more Valspar for me.Check out the picture below of a sill that was under a porch roof.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Lack of customer service

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Windows Coating
Review category
Building Products
review #582414 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Valspar? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 13, 2015 #945277 York, Pennsylvania

It is obvious to me that Valspar is more interested in covering up for a defective product than correcting the problem. I sincerely hope this becomes a class-action lawsuit, because I will be first in line to sign on. This issue is a typical of the 'stall it out' tactic taken by large companies that do not want to pay for warranty claims.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Valspar. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Valspar.
Filing a new complaint about